How to create an eTwinning project schedule?

How to create an eTwinning project schedule?


After 6 years and over 21 eTwinning projects I am often asked by the beginners how to start a project.
Here is my "good practice" I'd like to share with you. Of course it is not the only way to start a good project.... but I hope you'll find it helpful :)


1. When I start the project I usually exchange emails with the partner to write the draft schedule. Then I recruit the students and register the project. Since the project is registered we use the teachers bulletin to communicate (or twin-mail). I post on Twinspace a video about our school and a general welcome.

2. I give the students the schedule and post it on Twinspace. Usually I write an agreement for me and my students where the rules are given: what I am declaring as the teacher (read their messages, give them marks, remove "lazy" students from the project). I have a meeting with the group (usually I work off-class, with volounteers, but sometimes during regular lessons). All students have to sign the agreement as well as the teachers involved. They are obliged to make all the Tasks form the schedule on time.

3. I create accounts for my students and print and give them their logins and passwords (I use "download invited students" for that). Very often they have problems with logging in and in 90% cases it is bad typing or misspelling the login or password... On the first meeting I help them to log in and find main functions of Twinspace.

4. "Meet and greet" is the first task and I use Padlet or Lino-it  for that. It's nice and simple: everyone posts a picture (or avatar) . In the same time I create a forum about "what do we expect at the beginning" . Sometimes students make also a presentation about school.

5. Task 2 is working in international teams. To create the teams I give studnets topic to choose (or I choose for them). I create a Twinspace Page for every topic and make it editable by the students. 2 students from each country work on the page and add content. A good methode of work is also creating a google presetation editable by everyone and give each student one slide.

6. Task 3 may be making some practical exercises or activities in national teams.

7. Task 4 may be making presetations from task 3, the best way is to record  very short videos

8. Task 5 would be collecting all the results, for example in one presentation or in a game (khaoot, learning apps)

9. Good bye: a forum about "what have we learnt from this project" or " what did we like and dislike". We can also record our students saying that (instead of writing)

That is a general schedule. But for every project the schedule may be different. Project that last for 6 moths would have much more steps, a lot of meetings etc. But the 4-6 weeks projects have the best dynamics. In other case it is often difficult to motivate students and to have all partners active. A way to activate all students is to create short and easy exercises every week (like making logo,  playing games or polls)

What I like about eTwinnig is using web tools and learning from each other. Teachers propose tools for every task. Tools have to be safe and easy for students. I often create step-by step instructions for  pupils. You may find some of them on this blog.